Eco Pousada O Forte, Mangue Seco, Bahia
"Eco-friendly bungalows with great pool right on Mangue Seco beach"
|Nearest Airport:||Salvador - 200 kms|
|Trip Style:||Beach, Eco-tourism, Honeymoon + Romance, Nature + Wildlife, Watersports|
12 bedrooms: eco-friendly bungalows of 4 suites each
accepts children, baby crib available, bar, free wi-fi , hammocks, honeymoon package, laundry, pool, restaurant, supports community projects, supports sustainable tourism
|Room Facilities:||220v; air conditioning, DVD, fans, minibar, TV (local), wi-fi|
|Language(s):||English, French, Portuguese|
|Recommended attractions:||birding, boat trips, buggy trips, fishing, flora & fauna, hiking, horseriding, kayaking, kitesurfing, surfing, swimming, walking|
|Ideal for:||couples, families, friends sharing, gay friendly, honeymoon, small groups, solo travellers, travellers with baby|
|Price Category:||$$$ bed and breakfast|
|Cards Accepted:||Visa, Mastercard , AMEX|
|Telephone:||+55 75 3445 9039|
|Pousada Guest Book:||
Note: Where pousadas are off the beaten track, Google maps only show the nearest town, and are not an accurate guide to location.
Alison's pousada review
It was amazing I made it at all to Eco Pousada o Forte as I decided to come from Poças in the south rather than taking the rather easier transfer suggested by the pousada from Salvador or Sergipe airports. My route involved taking a boat over the river and then picking up a buggy which the pousada sent to meet me on a lone sand strip in the middle of nowhere (or so it seemed). Adding to this was the fact I got caught in an unseasonal and torrential rainstormand of course the sand spit had zero shelter. So it was with more than a little relief that I settled down with a wonderful caipirinha and beautiful food in this lovely beachfront pousada.
There are 10 suites here and all are pretty basic, but they come with comfortable mosquito netted beds, split airconditioning and fans and a DVD player with free DVDs in English for those evenings when you don't feel like going out.
For those who want day trips there is plenty on offer here, ranging from buggy trips to see the 4 eco-systems of Mangue Seco to island boat trips, trekking and parachuting And if you want to chill out and eat in the pousada in the evening a delight is in store, as you could only expect from a French run pousada. Wonderful!
Mangue Seco is a magical peninsula with 38 kilometres of pristine beaches, dunes, mangroves, bays, sea and just a couple of tiny largely untouched fishing villages. It is traffic free and the only access is by boat across the River Real from the horth or the river Itapircuru (closest to Poças) in the south. On the island itself the only transport is by buggy.
There are 3 ways to get here- easiest one first:
1) get the pousada to organise a transfer from Salvador airport (R$350,00) or Aracaju airport in the neighbouring state of Sergipe (R$190,00) Both prices are valid for up to 4 people and include taxi, boat and buggy (if necessary) to the pousada.
2) Get the bus to Estancia, a taxi to Pontal and then organise a boat across the river (10 minutes)
3) If coming from the south from Sitio do Conde or Poças get a cab to Siribinha and organise a canoe across the river, but make sure the pousada has sent a buggy to pick you up from the sand spit, and the canoe has not departed until they arrive, otherwise you will be stuck with no way of contacting them and no way of getting there or back!
- Day trip round the 4 eco-systems of Mangue Seco- dunes, beach, coconut groves and mangrove swamps
- Boat trips to local beaches and the islands of Sogra and Sossego
- Trek to Ponta da Boa beach and Crasto fishing village
- Hang out in the beach bars of Mangue Seco
- Buggy ride with parachute glide
- Chill out by the pool
- Magical location right on the beach only 5 minutes from village
- Airport transfers day or night
- Loads of activities and day trips
- Family run with great team
|Try a different place if...
you don't like the feel of sand under your feet. You won't be wearing anything but flip flops / havaianas here.